Below are the health benefits for mental and physical.
Physical health benefits
• Strengthen your muscle for rock climbing (train your right muscles, especially arms)
• Strengthen your grip
• Increase your balance and endurance in order to increase your climbing performance
• Increase your fitness (warm up and stretch exercise required, if there is tight muscles and ligaments, you can’t perform well.)
Mental health benefits
• Face your fear against height
• Give you an opportunity to solve problems calm and fast
• Let yourself take some risk to learn from mistakes (falling)
• Develops good observation, preview and learn.
Rock climbing is fun for it is adventurous, the skill can also be learned by practicing, you would not require talent in this area, so have fun. :D
"Rock Climbing Technique, Performance and Climbing Tips." Rock Climbing Technique, Performance and Tips. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Jan. 2013.